Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Karma Kindness Van

I went to the Bonnaroo Arts and Music festival again this year with my husband.  We always have a really fun time, and some of the highlights this year were Weird Al Yankovich, Billy Idol, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, and of course Paul McCartney.  Another thing we enjoy about festivals other than spending time together listening to great music is food.  I LOVE to eat, and I always want to make sure that I have plenty of it :-).  We packed a lot of food like Primal Strips, eggless egg salad and tons of bread, homemade seitan, fruit and veggies, and things like Vegenaise.  We also ate at a lot of food stands and trucks.  The one we liked best this year was the Karma Kindness Van.  We had "Portabello Big Macs" and hummus veggie trays with homemade guacamole.  Everything was really great, and because it was the end of the day, the food was really cheap.  Honestly, though, I do not know how to find these folks, even though I searched the Internet.  If you know where to find them, please leave a comment!  Moral of this story: TRY new things when you are traveling, and always ask them how you can stay in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment