Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Wedding Fare

Photo booth madness!
 A few months ago, my cousin got married, and we are all so happy for her and her new husband, who we all like very much!  The wedding was one of the most lovely I have ever been to...but we were of course a little worried about the food situation.  My brother and his wife are also vegan and vegetarian (respectively), so they was a nice little crew of us who were waiting with baited breath to see what would be on the menu.  We were ASTOUNDED when it came time to eat and there were options for us!  I think I actually cried a little.  There was a stuffed squash and noodle and veggie dish that was amazing.  On the buffet there were grilled (like, really fresh and grilled, not just overheated) summer vegetables, hummus and pita bread, and even a mashed potato bar with a separate bowl of mashed potatoes just for us!  And to top that all off...the caterer made VEGAN CUPCAKES for us.  I am pretty sure it was the same recipe that I use from Isa's book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.  They were yummy, we were all full and so happy, and the wedding was like a dream.  Because we were not hungry, we were able to dance all night and really enjoy ourselves too!  The catering company is called Chef by Design Catering Company in Virginia Beach, VA.  I HIGHLY recommend them, I was very impressed!    Additionally, my general suggestion is to NOT be afraid to speak up about your dietary needs when you RSVP for a wedding or similar event, because you might just be pleasantly surprised (or in my case...mind-blown!).


No comments:

Post a Comment