Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Big Fat Vegan Radio

I have posted about podcasts before, but not since the inception of my new favorite, Big Fat Vegan Radio!  I have been listening to this podcast since the summer, and not only is it informational, but it is so so SOO funny.  The hosts are Laura Yaz (entertainment writer and former stand-up comedian) and Ben Strothman (AKA Honey LaBronx, The Vegan Drag Queen).  Laura and Ben have a great thing going, for sure.  Some vegan podcasts can be a little dry, but this one will keep you listening because they speak to each other with the warmth and humor of old friends, and I always feel like I am sitting down with some good vegan friends who just want to talk.  I often listen to BFVR while I am cooking.  And let me tell you, after a long day of wrangling elementary school children, they are the perfect comic relief!  I LOVE their reviews and interviews as well.  Now, as far as kids are concerned, this might not be one that you would want you kids to listen to.  It is not explicit, but it is not really kid-friendly either.  Listen to a few episodes before you play it around children.  As always, you know your kids best.  To find out more about BFVR, click here.  And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment