Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

FireFly Fare, Roanoke, VA


 I was recently in Roanoke, VA for a conference.  I have been there before, but did not really take the time to find anything quality to eat.  This time, however, I did my homework.  I checked Happy Cow and found FireFly Fare in the historic downtown area.  It was just a little place and it not entirely veg, but I had a lovely time and had a delicious meal there.  I ordered the Indonesian BBQ Tofu and veggie stir fry.  There was plenty of Tofu and veggies.  With a cup of coffee on the side, it really hit the spot after sitting in the Roanoke Civic Center all day.  They also have salads, falafel, pitas, paninis, and more.  I recommend going out of your way to hit FireFly fare if you are in Roanoke...and I recommend checking Happy Cow no matter where you go to find nearby veg-friendly places to eat.  Also, when you are in Roanoke, be sure to check out Happy's Flea Market.  Think THOUSANDS of vinyl records.  I never go to Roanoke without stopping at Happy's to add some unique tunes to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment