Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Roastfish and Cornbread

 Another great place to eat if you are on or near Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, is Roastfish and Cornbread.  It is very easy to get to and the people there are really nice!  The best part is that they have an entire vegetarian menu included and even some raw options if you like.  I had the roasted portabella mushroom (pictured above) with lentil salad on the side.  I have to say that I never thought a mushroom with tomato and mango would be a great combination, but it was.  My daughter got the raw vegetable wrap, and it had raw squash, which she is not a big fan of.  She ate a lot of it anyway, I was proud of her. My son got a salad because it had shaved chocolate on it, but it turns out that you could not really taste the chocolate and the dressing was too tart for a 6 year old.  I kept asking him, "Are you SURE that is what you want???  I expect you to EAT it, you know!!"  How many times have we all been there?  He ate all the cucumbers and apples, skipping the greens and the walnuts.   My husband got the ultimate vegan po' boy sandwich, again full of raw squash.  If you are really into vegetables like I am, this is the perfect place to bring your family.  My husband is more into pastas and heavier foods, so this was a bit light for him, he was still hungry when we left.  He was a good sport in the end.  For the amount of money that we paid, I was hoping everyone would be more satisfied.  But it was an overall good experience, and one of the more unique veg-friendly eateries on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment