Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finger Licking Good for Everyone

In a previous post I talked about cookouts and what to bring/serve at them.  At one of the last cookouts that I had, I made fried "chicken" that everyone thought was really good and not a bad alternative to the real thing.  It was very, very easy to make.  I purchased McCormick Golden Dipt Fry Easy in original homestyle.  I had just made a batch of seitan cutlets with my own recipe that is in a previous post as well.  I took my seitan, rinsed it off, and coated with the Fry Easy.   Then I just fried it in about 1/2 an inch of vegetable oil till it was crispy.  It was very good, and even my kids enjoyed it.  I think that it could probably go on a hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, and some vegan mayo for a really good fried "chicken" sandwich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment