Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Still Talking About Cheese!

I feel like I have been posting a LOT about vegan cheese lately...sorry.  It's just that, like I said, for most people, cheese is one of the hardest things to give up!  My husband recently started making his OWN homemade vegan cheddar.  I have to admit that I was very, very skeptical.  So far we have tried just about every vegan cheese under the sun.  Vegan Gourmet is very good when shredded, and Daiya is just about the best "melty" vegan cheese I have come across.  And if you love nachos, you cannot go wrong with Nacho Mom's Vegan Queso (see previous post).  But he actually found a good recipe, and far be it from me to discourage my husband from doing ANYTHING productive around this house (translation: he would typically rather lay around and do nothing...sound familiar?).  When finished, this cheese is very yummy on crackers or sandwiches!  The only problem is that the ingredients are honestly a bit pricey...uh, pricier than just buying the stuff already made.  But hey, if you are feeling industrious and you want to experience the novelty of making your own cheese, I am sharing this recipe via YouTube!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment