Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Football Eats


It is a tradition in my family to spend New Year's day laying around the house eating hot dogs with sauerkraut and watching football games.  Well, with some modifications, we still participate every year and it is just one of those comforting days that reminds me of when I was growing up.  I love that my kids get to experience eating hot dogs and watching football with their Grampy!  We eat Smart Dogs rather than Tofu Pups because they hold together really well.  My dad usually cooks the sauerkraut with pork in it, but he did not this year so my husband was thrilled.  We also made some Fantastic Foods chili (did not add beans for that chili dog texture).  Put a Smart Dog on a bun, top with sauerkraut and chili, throw on some onions and ketchup and mustard and you will be in hot dog heaven.  With it we had vegetarian baked beans, Spicy Sweet Chili Dorito, and tons of fruit salad that my mom made.  This is the kind of spread that you just eat all day, whenever you are hungry.  Keep this menu in mind for your summer cookouts as well!  Smart Dogs and Tofu Pups grill better than you think they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment