Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Summer Blueberries In January

Gardeners freeze your foods!  Or can them, or dry them...whatever you do, save your foods!  We did a lot of canning and freezing and drying this year from our gardens and we are still enjoying summer bounty which will last us for many more months.  It's a lot of work and I have to admit that while I am very busy during the school year, all I do during the summer is garden, hike, and play at the pool with the kids.  Anyhow, this morning I pulled out a bag of blueberries and made some pancakes to die for.  Think Bisquick, egg-replacer, vanilla, and fresh (I mean frozen) blueberries.  Add some blueberry syrup and you have summer love...even with 6 inches of snow on the ground!  Now I really cannot wait for summer!  Or spring...or whatever brings warmth!  I cannot wait to start blogging about our gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment