Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gardein Rules

 I am in LOVE with Gardein, and my love for it only gets stronger with time, haha!  My local grocery store has recently started carrying even more selections from this fantastic brand of mock meats.  IF you are a fan of plant-based meats and you are in an area that carries this brand, give it a try.  My personal favorite so far is the orange chick'n...I sautee it in a frying pan and then set it aside on a small plate while I cook a frozen vegetable stir-fry mix that I buy in bulk from the wholesale store.  After the stir-fry veggies are cooked, I put the chick'n back in and add the sauce that it came with.  One pan, unless you cook up a few packages of Ramen Noodles (minus the seasoning packets) to put the stir-fry on top of.  Be sure to use the plate that you put the chick'n on as a serving plate, less dishes.  After working all day at the school and squeezing in a workout before picking up the kids, it is nice to have a fast but really yummy meal to put on the table.  If there is no Gardein to be found near you, look back through to my 2010 recipes and mix up a batch of seitan for your stir-fry.  AND if meat analogs are not your thing (I understand!) then get some REALLY great mushrooms and pile them on top!  As soon as you are finished, rinse your plate, it makes the dishes easier to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment