Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shocked?

Paula Deen, stuffing her face.
It has recently come out in the news that Paula Deen, the Queen of Southern Cooking (whom I have dubbed the Master of the Lard) has Type 2 Diabetes.  I cannot say that I am surprised that she has the disease, she probably eats her own deep fried macaroni and cheese.  But I am disappointed that rather than take advantage of this to promote a healthier diet and lifestyle, she has teamed up with a pharmaceutical company to push drugs. C'mon Paula, get real.  My only hope is that people take a lesson from this and choose to better their own lives because she is a bad example and a terrible role model.  My guess is that many will just use her as an excuse as to why they "can eat whatever they want".  Only time will tell.  For more information, try this link to DiabetesMine.

No comments:

Post a Comment