Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stuff We Love: Tofurkey Pizza!

 After seeing the ads for Tofurkey Pizza in VegNews Magazine, we finally got our hands on a few of them!   I have to say, it is by far the best vegan pizza that I have had yet.  I am a big Amy's brand fan, but this pizza rocks the house.  The toppings are, of course, by Turtle Island Foods.  So if you love anything Tofurkey, this is a no-brainer.  The cheese, interestingly enough, is by Daiya.  Daiya makes a vegan cheese that is not only great-tasting, but has the texture of real melted cheese.  Cheese was very hard for me to let go of when I made the transition from vegetarian to vegan, so this was a great treat for me.  I can get bags of shredded Daiya mozzarella and cheddar at the grocery store, so I added  extra cheese.  Where can you get Tofurkey Pizzas?  We got ours from the My Organic Market, but there are other sources as well.  Just use your favorite search engine and look it up.  The "pepperoni" was a big hit with the kids, and my husband and I preferred the italian sausage and fire-roasted veggie pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment