Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Let Them Eat (Cup)Cake!

My daughter's Brownie Girl Scout troop recently had their end-of-year ceremony.  I was forced to...er, I mean, I decided to make a bunch of vegan cupcakes for the event.  I used the "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World"  recipe for golden vanilla cupcakes and used the buttercream frosting recipe that I dyed green.  Topped with brown sprinkles (Girl Scout colors are green and brown), they were very pretty and they were the HIT of the ceremony!  I am not the only parent who brought cupcakes (although I usually bring treats to these events to make sure that my own kids can get SOMETHING), the vegan cupcakes were gone by the time the whole thing was over.  I got lots of compliments, and a few recipe requests.  Oh, and my kids got to eat "junk food" (not really, wink, wink), which they think is the bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment