Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Poplar Springs "Run for the Animals" 5K


At the end of May I ran in the Poplar Springs Animal Sanctuary's 5K race.  It was a lot of fun and such a great cause.  We had to travel kind of far to get there, so we made a whole day of it.  I wasn't going to let distance keep me from experiencing a great get-together of vegans and runners, though!  The race was at Wheaton Park in MD and it had a lot of hills.  That can be a challenging run for a novice like me, but I finished without stopping and I wasn't last!  My registration fee for the race will directly benefit the animals at the Sanctuary.  I would like to encourage all vegans and omnis alike to get involved in something active like running or swimming...eating right is not enough, you have to get out there and MOVE YOUR BODY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment