Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rolling Along with vegFund

I mentioned in an earlier post that I am tabling at the Valley EarthFest (VEF) in Berryville, VA this month...April 22nd to be exact!  Well I decided to apply to VegFund for a grant to be reimbursed for the costs of literature to hand out to festival-goers as well as the ingredients for all of the samples that I will be handing out.  VegFund "empowers vegan activists worldwide by funding and supporting effective outreach activities that inspire people to choose and maintain a vegan lifestyle" (from the VegFund website).  In the past when I set up an informational table with my friend Dale Ball from New Leaf Vegan Society, she applied for VegFund to cover the costs of the materials that we used.  Now that I am going solo for VEF, I knew that I needed some help.  I definitely cannot afford to do this without a little monetary support.  It was a long application but I finished it in about an hour.  GREAT NEWS...It has been less than a day since I sent in my application and I have already been approved!  I am so excited, I cannot wait to get started cooking so that I have plenty of great vegan food to entice people to try MORE plant-based delicacies :).  Stay tuned for more updates as I decide how long it is going to take me to MAKE all this delicious food!  Probably going to start cooking DAYS ahead of time!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to make such good use of VegFund. That's why we started it. Thanks for all your great outreach! JC

    ReplyDelete