Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

"But Humans Were Meant to Eat Meat, RIGHT?"

Wow, do I get into this discussion a lot!  It just happened again the other day, where someone was trying to convince me that because we are ABLE to eat meat (sort of), we HAVE to eat meat.  What I WANTED to say was, "Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?"  But I didn't, because I care :)  What I wish I could do is show everyone the following movie for several reasons.  First, it is backed up by scientific facts, and I love facts.  Second, it makes a great argument without being too, well, IN YOUR FACE!  I love a civilized vegan discussion.  Last, it is kid-friendly (watch it first before you show it to kids, only you know what's truly appropriate for your child!) and HILARIOUS!  No joke, I thought it was great and so did my kids!  Take a look, it's an interesting 5 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm going to show this to my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I'm LOVING it. This video cracked me up and has given me some good ammo for the next time someone tries to argue. And I loved your "But I didn't" note -- how is it that vegans don't go around lecturing meat eaters as much as meat eaters go around lecturing vegans? ;) Anyway, thank you for being a dedicated blogger and another awesome resource for the vegan community.

    ReplyDelete