Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Baked Corn

This is the veganized version of my grandmother's baked corn that I ate all the time when I was growing up.  It is very, very good, perfect with Tofurkey and roasted butternut squash!  Better triple the recipe, this one rocks!
Nana's Baked Corn
  • 1 can of cream-style corn
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp flour
  • Egg replacer for two eggs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance, melted
  • Ritz-style crackers, crumbled
Mix all the ingredients together except for the Earth Balance and the crackers.  Beat the egg replaces till it is foamy before adding it to the mixture.  Pour into a glass baking dish.  I always triple the recipe, so I use a 9x11 dish, but for just a single you only need a 9x9 or similar.  Crumble the crackers and sprinkle generously over the entire mixture and then pour the melted Earth Balance over that.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.  Let cool a bit before serving.  Enjoy, I know I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment