Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Veganism Hits "On Point"

Recently I took notice of a feature on the NPR program "On Point".  Host Tom Ashbrook looks at the increasing trend of veganism in America and the fact that it is becoming more and more mainstream.  What a concept!  I listened to the program three times, and while I did not necessarily agree with everything that I heard, I think that it is amazing that being vegan is not as obscure as it used to be.  And I think that I have proven through this blog that it does not have to be extreme at all!!!!  I would not say that I am extreme.  As a matter of fact, I still think that eating dead bodies and enjoying it is extreme.  Mr. Ashbrook mentions in the introduction that ,"... things change, and suddenly vegans and veganism seem to be everywhere. Some Americans going all the way.  Some toe-dipping. It’s a remarkable moment, a remarkable shift."  PLEASE take a few minutes to listen to this interview, and let me know what you think!  You can email me at jocelynshaffer@hotmail.com!
Here is the interview:
Vegans Take America

No comments:

Post a Comment