Veganism : a lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Our Mission: To reinforce the idea that veganism is not only beneficial for an average busy family, but downright easy. And delicious. Check back often for posts about food, thoughts, links, and more related to living in a vegan home. Oh, and if you like something, let me know!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Stuffing or Dressing or Whatever you like Recipe

I am making a Thanksgiving meal for my family tomorrow and right after the Tofurkey I want stuffing.  Not complicated stuffing, good old stuffing the way my Nana used to make it.  SIMPLE, folks!  So I Googled many stuffing recipes and was very disappointed because some of them had 20 ingredients and about 30 steps.  I do not have the patience for this, I have too much to do!  So here it is, another recipe from Nana, veganized!
Easy Bread Stuffing
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • ½ cup chopped celery
  • A bag or two of stuffing bread cubes
  • A few tsp. Earth Balance
  • 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
  • 1 Tbsp chopped sage (I used dried and ground sage from my garden)
  • 1 cup vegetable broth (don't use water, it will just not be the same)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Use the butter to saute the onions and celery for a few minutes until they are tender.  Put everything but the butter and the veggie broth in a big bowl.  Stir it up (little darlin', lol).  Add some broth.  Stir.  Add a little more.  Stir.  Keep doing this until your broth is gone and your bread is kind of soggy but not too much (I SAID STIR, haha).  Now dump it all in a baking pan (like a 9x11 cake pan) and bake for 25030 minutes.  Enjoy, it will be YUMMY with vegetarian gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment